Copyright © 2005 by All Saints Primary Liverpool · All Rights reserved · E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our School History
We have a tremendous heritage.... The School began in 1828, the third Catholic School in Australia. The School struggled until it was established in 1834 by Dr Ullathorne. Fr Marum, the first Parish priest of Liverpool, was appointed in 1839, having arrived from Ireland on 31st December 1838. He sailed into Sydney Harbour on the "Francis Spaight" accompanied by five Sisters of Charity, the First Religious
Women to set foot on Australian soil.
The Sisters of Charity were asked to come to Liverpool in 1878 to establish a Girls High School. Due to the withdrawal of government funding, Mrs Cahill, Headmistress of the Liverpool Catholic School, needed to tender her resignation. The sisters were asked to look after the Primary School and so the keys of the school were handed over in 1882. Mother Mary Joseph Chisholm, (the widowed daughter in law of Caroline Chisholm) was the first Religious Superior in charge of the K-6 Boys and Girls Primary School.
The School was renamed St Mary's in 1885. With the arrival of the Patrician Brothers in 1954, the school became Boys K-4 and the Girls K-6. With the withdrawal of the Patrician brothers from their Primary School in 1990, St Mary's became once again in 1991 Boys and Girls K-6. On the Feast of All Saints, 1st November, 1996, the school was renamed All Saints Catholic Primary School... the same name as the Parish of All Saints, Liverpool. In 1998 the associated schools were renamed also... All Saints Catholic Girls College and All Saints Catholic Boys College. All Saints Senior College began in 1989.